To reduce the total cost of low enthalpy geothermal systems by 20-30 %, the project will improve actual drilling/installation technologies and designs of Ground Source Heat Exchangers (GSHE’s).
- Development of thematic geological maps at municipal level
- Improvement of drilling and GSHE technologies from a design, material and installation machine perspective
- Development and availability via web of a combined GSHE and heat pump modeling software
- Construction of a decision support tool in order to identify the best shallow geothermal system
- Development and demonstration of a two-stage heat pump for higher temperatures
- Demonstration of the developments in 6 different real case studies and 9 virtual case studies
- Provision of a solid and large basis for implementation of low enthalpy geothermal systems in Europe
- Construction of an exploitation platform with business models, and interaction with the key partners of the winning projects on the other renewable energy technologies inside the topic “LCE 3 – 2014/2015: Demonstration of renewable electricity and heating/cooling technologies”.
- Recommendations for the harmonisation of standardisations, regulations and authorisations